Thursday, March 25, 2010

My New Single Drops

So anyways, it's been a few days. Where DOES the time go? Well, I've finally gotten all caught up on Supernatural(AWESOME SHOW) and have spent the last couple days cultivating an totally bitchin' mutton chops/mustache combo. Ah, the joys of facial hair ownership. Truly, one of life's sweetest pleasures. Oh, I've also been trying my damnedest to learn the uke. Sometimes, simple tasks like strumming a string in time can be absolutely daunting for me. If life was a movie, you'd see me furrowing my brow in vein, my nostrils shaking until a single trickle of blood flows from my nose. Well, after about 3 hours of practicing and writing, I managed to put together a little something for the site. It's not much, but believe me when I tell you that barring any focus altering medicine, this is the best I'm gonna' be able to do for now.



If you want to know the chords for this song, hoping to play it at home...?? WELL, FUCK OFF!!!

The truly great ones NEVER reveal their secrets.

Oh, and if my voice sounds a little strained, there's a reason for that. This took me an unprecedented 37 TAKES to get right!!

Curse my dumb brain.

Lyrics:
This is Matt
This is a C Chord
I turned on my camera
And I pressed record
The strumming's off
The fingering's awkard
And you can't rock
with only a C Chord

Everybody, come look
at me-chord
I just learned
to play a C Chord

Will rock n roll
fame be my reward?
probably not
with only a C Chord

Try to practice
but I get so bored
three weeks in
I'm still stuck on C chord

Music lessons,
I just can't afford
So I'll probably only
ever know
C....
C....
C.....
OMG!
CHORD!!

Thanks for your time.

1 comment:

  1. Your music has cast a spell on me.

    Seriously, nice job. Just wasted the last hour reading your blog when I should have been working or whatever my employer pays me for.

    Keep it up and I'll keep adding a few fractions of a penny into your AdSense account.

    ReplyDelete